HOW WE GATHER INFORMATION: As part of our job in providing you with certain financial products or services or in the providing to you and your family with funeral services we may obtain information about you from the following sources:
• first call, vital statistics and other “at-need” or “pre-need” information you provide to us whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means. This information may include your name, address, bank name and address, family history, medical information concerning the intended funeral recipient and other personal, medical, health care and financial information:
• your transaction with us or others, and prior funerals conducted by us or by others:
• cemetery information provided to us by you, by the cemetery, or by others:
• consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your creditworthiness;
• public sources. This information may include real estate records and telephone numbers.
• Medical doctors and other health care providers, including hospitals.
SHARING INFORMATION: We are required to or we may provide information about you to third parties without your consent, as permitted by law, such as,
• to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or regulatory authorities;
• to consumer reporting agencies;
• in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer or all or a portion of a business or an operating unit;
• to protect against fraud.
In addition we may provide information about you to our service providers to help us serve your needs. Our service providers may include providers of religious ritual preparation of human remains, other funeral homes, billing service providers, mail and telephone service companies, insurers, attorneys and other professionals.
We do not provide nonpublic information about you to any non-Ross’ Shalom Chapels company except as specified in this statement. We restrict access to Nonpublic Personal Information about you to those employees and other parties who must use that information to provide services to you. Their right to further disclose and use that information is limited by applicable law and non-disclosure agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws and regulations to guard your Nonpublic Personal Information.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION Generally, upon your written request, we will make available information for your review. Information collected in connection with, or in anticipation of, any claim or legal proceeding will not be made available. If you notify us that the Information is incorrect, we will review it. If we agree, we will correct our records. If we do not agree, you may submit a short statement of dispute, which we will include in any future disclosure of information.